consumer complaints handling procedures
At Be Aliv Limited (trading as and referred to herein as “Aliv”), we are committed to providing our customers with a personalized, seamless customer service experience. However, we acknowledge that sometimes things do go wrong. If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with our services, you have a right to complain to us. These Consumer Complaints Handling Procedures (“Procedures”) provide clear, concise information on what you can do if you are dissatisfied.
These Procedures are available upon request at no cost to our customers at our administrative offices, our retail stores and online at www.bealiv.com. In order to ensure efficient and effective processing of complaints, Aliv will periodically review its procedures, and will notify its customers of any significant changes to the Procedures after first obtaining approval from the Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority (URCA). Once any amendments are made, the revised Procedures will be re-issued noting the revised date and will be posted on our website.
Objective of the Procedures
The objective of these Procedures is to outline the process by which we deal with your concerns or complaints promptly, fairly and completely. These Procedures have been established to provide you with confidence that an appropriate process is in place to receive and resolve complaints. These Procedures also describe what you can do if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
Definition of Complaint
A Complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made by a customer to us related to either:
how we provide services to you; or
the complaints handling process itself.
A Complaint means that a response or resolution is expected. A Complaint does not include a general request for information, a service request, a fault report and frivolous or vexatious calls.
How to Make a Complaint
Complaints may be submitted to us either verbally, in writing or by email. You may contact the Aliv Customer Support Line Toll-Free at 1-242-300-2548. You may also email us at email@example.com. You may also choose to lodge your complaint in person at any one of our retail stores or at our administrative offices at Holy Cross Parish Centre, Petersfield Road off Soldier Road. You may also write to us at our mailing address:
Be Aliv Limited
Holy Cross Parish Centre
Petersfield Road off Soldier Road
P O Box CB 13050
If you are hearing or sight impaired, disabled, physically challenged or incapacitated in any way and wish to appoint a representative to lodge your complaint on your behalf, one of our Customer Support Representatives will be happy to work with you provided proper authorization and identification of your appointed representative is provided to us.
Content of Your Complaint
You must lodge your complaint with us within sixty (60) business days after the occurrence of an incident and should include at a minimum:
- your name or the name of the person acting on your behalf;
- your mailing address, phone number, email address and post office box number;
- the date the complaint is filed;
- the nature and description of the product/service complained about;
- the requested remedy; and
- any supporting documentation relating to the complaint (e.g. written correspondence or other evidence related to the complaint).
- Complaint forms along with any supporting documentation submitted to us will be retained by us for a minimum period of twelve (12) months.
Stages of the Complaint Handling Process
- Complaint is lodged by a customer;
- Complaint is acknowledged by us within five (5) business days of receipt;
- Complaint is investigated;
- Complaint is escalated internally, if necessary;
- Customer is notified of a resolution; and
- Complaint is deemed closed.
Resolving Your Complaint
Once a complaint is received by us, we will issue the complaint a unique identifier code/reference number, so that you can track your complaint up to its resolution. A complaint will be acknowledged within five (5) business days of its receipt by us, at which time we will advise when you can expect a response to your complaint. In all cases, we aim to have complete resolution within thirty (30) business days.
We will do our best to help you as soon as you contact us with your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the way in which your complaint is handled during your initial contact with us, you may escalate your complaint to our Manager of Customer Support. If our Manager of Customer Support is unable to resolve your problem, your complaint may be escalated to the Director of Customer Care or the Vice President.
We will deem a complaint resolved and closed when:
- you indicate in writing to us that you no longer wish to pursue the complaint;
- we have agreed a course of action which, if taken would resolve or remedy the complaint to your satisfaction; or
- we have taken action to rectify or remedy the issue, and it is reasonable to consider that as a result of our actions, you are no longer dissatisfied.
Once you have followed our internal escalation process, if we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may refer your complaint to URCA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone (242) 393-0263 or toll free (242) 300-URCA or by writing or visiting their offices at:
Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority (URCA)
P O Box N 4860